Should I wait for the UPS man?

My boyfriend asked me to wait for the UPS man to deliver his new celly, but I've been sitting here for like 3 hours and no UPS guy.......... do you think they will leave it? My bf said probably not, but damn, I have things I would like to do, too! Then after that, he wants me to pick him up a burger and take it to him for lunch! Come on UPS guy!!!!!!

TXColter

Asked by TXColter at 2:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• It IS Christmas - UPS is running REALLY slowly it could be awhile
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• they won't leave it because you have to sign for it.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• You can call the company with a tracking number and they will tell you if you have to sign for it. however I just got a new cell phone a week ago and they left it on my doorstep.

Danielle Shellhorn
    Http://www.internetceomoms.com/danishel
    Email-Thisfamilyrocks@gmail.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 2:54 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• UPS is way backed up this time of year, it could be until late tonight when you get your phone. I don't know where you live but where live I would call the main hub and ask them to locate the driver (roughly) and tell you how much longer- they can also tell the driver your waiting for him so he can maybe do your area before another area.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 2:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• The UPS guy has no set time to be at your house. You could be waiting all day. They usually leave the box at the door.

Answer by louise2 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• They will leave it. Unless it has to be signed for, which is rare, they'll leave it at your door.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I know he tracked it before he left and it was on its way here. I think I'll just wait, it is Christmas after all, it won't hurt for me to do something nice for my honey.
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 2:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• is there a UPS pick up location nearby? normally they leave a tag and you can just go pick it up during certain hours once the truck has returned. If there is call and ask them what time and check the tracking number to make sure it is coming today, this is a bad week and they are not running on their normal schedule.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I know UPS runs pretty slow anyways. The usually give you a between time that it will be delievered like between 8 am and 5 pm
    You could be sitting there all day. Odds are no he wont leave it. If it is a cell then most likely it has to be signed for. If you have the tracking number you can look it up
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I work at UPS and out of every 2000 packages I load a day only 2 or 3 have to be signed for- usually alcohol, even TVs and such don't say "signature required" which it will say on the package. You don't have to wait, the UPS drivers are pretty good guys, he might even leave it in your door for you if you do leave!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 3:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2009