what is a good time to introduce he to the kids?

I am a single mom. I have two wonderful kids. I have been dating a guy for almost three months now. He know all about my situation with the kids.

Asked by luv2learnakids at 12:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• My self experience has been that it is best when you personally feel comfortable within the relationship to introduce them. I had goal conversations with my significant other first. I wanted to make sure the he was not a "Stop Over" or "Temp Position" before I invited him inside my home. I have personal rules about dating with kids. It is such a touchy situation that I prevent any and all problems before they arise. Again that would be the within the relationship part.

Answer by MissLady620 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• When you first started dating honestly. Now you have feelings and emotional attachment to him. What happens if your kids hate him, what if they cannot get along. Just because you think he is great does not mean they will, and now they may resent him just because you two lied about it. I think you should do it as soon as possible.

Answer by TheEyesDesire at 12:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Any time you feel it's a must. My mom dated many men over the years and out of all she dated I've only met 3 of them. 2 out of the 3 she married. The only reason she's had 3 marriages is because her husband from her second marriage passed away and she divorced the 1st (my dad: he was abusive). She didn't introduce us to the men she was dating unless it became clear that this was going to be a long term relationship. I never felt "lied" too. I'm actually grateful that there wasn't a revolving door of men...I mean several of the men she only dated for a month or 3, some were just one date....

Answer by SAHMinIL at 12:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2008