Thoughts?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/20/AR2009122000036.html?hpid=sec-religion

Asked by older at 3:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I think it's great and a very progressive church. Why should gay people be denied the right to worship and practice their faith?
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I believe the church should be open to everyone, no matter what their sin. I do also believe that a sin should be called a sin and not catered to. Divorce, addictions, homosexuality, etc....Christ welcomed them all, but loved them too much to allow them to stay that way.

Anonymous

• they shouldnt be denied, being gay is one thing, its the acting upon it or having the thoughts that are a sin.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the note hate part... but that's about it. I know some won't agree with this but.... old testament and new testament homosexuality is called a sin. homosexuality is not God given. Are people born homosexuals? Yes - we are all born with a tendency to sin.. for some its a sex addiction, others drugs and alcohol... others lying etc. However, if we have accepted Christ as our Savior and are leaving according to God's word we are to walk away or no longer continue in that sin. Is it easy to not sin? Not always... addicts have a difficult time to not go back to their old ways. What this pastor is teaching .. that homosexuality is okay is not biblical truth. Should gays be welcomed in a church? Of course... that's who the church is for.. sinners so they can learn the truth of God's love and that they no longer need to continue in their sin. Whether it's fornication, adultery, gossiping, lying etc.
    Anonymous

• cont.
    This pastor will be held accountable for teaching falsely and that is between him and God. Does this surprise me? No, the bible says there would be a time when many would fall away and many would be deceived. The enemy will use pastors, teachers and whoever else he can get to deceive people.

Jesus didn't hate the sinners.. He ate with them, went to there homes etc. but He did tell them to go and sin no more.
    Anonymous

• Anon 3:32, again this pastor is interpreting the Bible in a different way, like many others do.

Answer by older at 3:34 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• older - the bible is very clear on sexual sins - fornication, adultery, homosexuality. It is also clear on lying, gossiping, etc. There is no way of interpreting it any differently. I've looked in multiple translations.. including Jewish/ Hebrew translations and it all comes out the same way... homsexuality is an abomination. homosexuality is a sin. homosexuality is wrong. And trust me I'm not a homophobic nor am I a hater of homosexuals. I have too many friends, co-workers, and relatives in the homosexual lifestyle.... and they know where I stand on this issue.
    Anonymous

• (Matthew 15:14) Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”
    [Jesus speaking] http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2023:%2027,%2028&version=NIV

I fear for those fooled by this.

Anonymous

How so?
    Anonymous

• Thiese are quotes from the article, and where the difference lies: It's not a sin to be gay or act in accordance with your nature."
    "I just didn't feel God would tell a person to deny a big part of who they are and to keep it a secret."

Answer by older at 3:51 PM on Dec. 21, 2009