If someone had a drug problem or an eating disorder...?

Do they deserve to die if their disorder/addiction causes their death?

What would you think of a person who feels this way? ( not that I do )

This was a response to Brittney Murphy Dieing (She deserved to die because she was either of those things)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think that it means that they deserve to die, no.

There is a difference between it being inevitable that would would end up dying from their actions - and them actually deserving to die. That is a big leap.

ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 3:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Youch! That's a pretty harsh and nasty statement. I wouldn't be friends with someone who would say something ike that.
    Anonymous

• In a way I can understand the ignorant conception, how ever do not agree! It turns out she was on the same pain meds as Michael Jackson!!!! I think their doctors ignored the signs of the drug abuse and continued to write the scripts probably because there was an awesome bonus!!! Is it fair that they die and the doc gets to keep their license!? Drug addiction is ugly!!! But how many more celebs have to die before anything is seriously done about it!? I know drug addiction will continue regardless but its making it hard for us "little people" to get decent pain meds because of this epidemic! Its funny how a basic doc will steer clear of narcotics if at all possible even if you have a muscle spasm down the entire side of your body and are in too much pain to even move, but a doc to a celeb says you're in pain I got just the thing for you! Society is all f'ed up! I think they baby celebs and spoil them so how can they cope w/o em?
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I bet that ignorant person didn't know she had diabetes. Diabetes does affect the conditions that the blood vessels are in, which might affect blood flow and stress levels on the heart.

That is a horrible thing to say, no one deserves to die because they were ill with an eating disorder. It shows just how ignorant some are to assume she was on drugs. I hope she didn't die of drugs...I couldn't imagine how her family would feel.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I overcame an eating disorder. Some people dont & they die. That doesnt mean the deserve it!
    Anonymous

• It was in this Journal that the person made the statement I was shocked by how cold and heartless someone could be

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1559930/Brittany_Murphy_Dies_At_32

Anonymous

• Apparently though havent you read she had "flu like symptoms days before death"
    No I dont think anyone deserves to die from the bad choices they make. The do need to learn fromt ehm but I dont think death is learning.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• when i read that someone died as the result of an eating disorder, drug or alcohol abuse, smoking (that caused the cancer) doing some stupid stunt, etc., my sympathy level generally plummets. when someone doesn't get the help they need, quit the addiction that is causing their illness, or ignores common sense, while they don't "deserve" to die, they certainly don't earn my respect.

you get one life. those who take their life for granted, don't try to maximize their existence, get what they deserve.
    Anonymous

• If they knowingly refuse treatment for those problems and continue to participate in behavior that knowingly makes them worse, yes. Just like someone who jumps in front of a train "deserves" to die. They volunteered to do so.
    Anonymous

• I think that anyone who feels that a person deserves to die has problems. Everyone leaves this earth when the time comes- Wouldn't make me feel any better if someone I had a grudge on died -
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 6:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2009