do you change your baby's diapers at night?

i read in a parenting magazine that when your baby is sleeping at night you aren't supposed to change their diaper. they said it's easier to let them sit in a soiled diaper than it is to change it. since your baby would get fussy. i have a two month old son and i always change his diaper at night. i don't want him to get a rash. i think it's ridiculous that people who have degrees in child pyschcology would say not to change a dirty diaper. do you change your son or daughter's dirty diaper at night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, I changed their diapers at night. Ick.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:31 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i do if you dont they will either soak everything and get cold or if the mess it will stick to them plus when im like 90 if i have to wear diapers and cant take care of myself i would want someone to change me if i had a bad diaper in the night
    jakebsmama

Answer by jakebsmama at 3:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• No. I don't think any good parent could think "oh, theres a pee/poo in that diaper" - and then just go right back to sleep without changing it.

We had a very good system when my daughter was little, if she needed a change in the middle of the night, I would lay down beside her and nurse her until she fell back to sleep, which would take about 2 minutes, and then her daddy would sneak in a diaper change while she was still asleep and half-nursing.
    She wouldn't notice at all.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 3:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I only change it if she wakes up and needs to be fed. I think it is a personal choice though I can't imagine letting my precious angel sitting around in a poopy diaper.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i ALWAYS change my 3 almost 4 month olds diaper when he goes to bed and again right before i go to bed. same with my three almost four year old. i make him go potty before bed and i get him up before i go to bed and make him go potty again. its not tough. they are tired. mine almost always go back to sleep RIGHT away, and if not right away then within the next 15 mins. not a problem in my book. usually my oldest doesnt even remember. and you are completely right imo. its NOT worth a rash. AT ALL. nor is it worth having to get up at 4 am and change clothes, wipe down a 3 yr old, AND change sheets. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• If my daughter's asleep then i'm asleep so i don't know about the dirty diaper.. if she sleeps in it then its not the end of the world.... Just put the diaper rash stuff on before bed if your worried, it'll protect and prevent diaper rash..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• if it's dirty -YES.
    if not? then there is no point
    KalieGirl

Answer by KalieGirl at 3:51 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I always do! I wouldn't want to sleep in that and Im pretty sure they don't either! My daughter is so use to it now she doesn't even wake up when I change her diaper. I agree with you, I wouldn't want to risk her getting a rash or anything!

Desiree
    www.workathomeunited.com/dkm
    To request information on how to earn an income from home!
    lovinglife1127

Answer by lovinglife1127 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• if i know ds has a dirty diaper and he's asleep, i'll change it! simple as that, i don't need the head ache of a diaper rash. the only time a baby should be sleeping in a dirty diaper is if everyone (mom, dad and baby) are all sleeping, cause then no one knows about it. besides ds usually cries in his sleep if he has a dirty diaper.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I only change my 4 month old if he has poop. Otherwise when I change his diapar he will be up for the next hour or two and wake up my 5 year old. I put on powder before he goes to bed but for me it is not worth waking up the whole family for pee. My son will be 5 months on x-mas and has never had a rash.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2009