my husbands mad at me.

today was his last day on a temp job and i'm not letting him go in, i'm taking him to the doctor, he's been sick a little over 3 weeks now and it keeps getting worse. i'm done fucking around, i'd rather lose a little money than have to pay a hospital bill.

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 3:41 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Let him be mad you are only doing your part as his wife...He is being stubborn he needs to go what if something is going on atleast like this you can catch it right in it's tracks. Tell him he is going...OR ELSE...(between me and you I don't know what or else would be) you are on your own on that one. GL

I hope he gets better.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I hope your husband gets well soon! I would have waited until tomorrow to put my foot down, though. If he's been sick for three weeks already it would have been nice for him to finish his last day on the temp job. Those temp jobs can turn into full-time offers, so maybe that's what your hubby was thinking. Just trying to give you a different perspective so you're not too hard ton hubby!
    MrsGreenberg

Answer by MrsGreenberg at 3:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I don't think I would make my husband miss his last day at a job, not just for a little bit of money, but for the job reference and loyalty of following through with getting the job done that he commited himself to doing. I think it's more of a character thing. If he really is to sick to do his last day.................................................Oh well, his health has to come first.
    Anonymous

• It could've waited till tomorrow if it's been going on that long more often than not.
    It may not look good on a reference as someone else said. You may not be costing him the pay of the one day but the next job. My guess is, you're not going to stop him from going in tho if he's waited this long, and doesn't want to go to the dr.
    My guess is you've not been married long or you're the boss in your house lol I learned a long long time ago that I can't make my hubby do anything he doesn't want to do. He'll do the opposite to prove to me he's not going to be told what he can and can't do.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 4:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• AND.... you'd rather "lose a little money than have to pay a hospital bill. " ?
    Instead of using that I think I'd reword it and say "I'd rather lose that day's pay, than to possibly lose my hubby" when I was telling him how worried I was.

My hubby had something wrong and he refused to go the dr so I told him if he didn't care about his health, or dying, then to atleast think of me, and go get life insurance so I'd be okayf inaccially till I could get a job etc... he finally did and instead of going to the dr, our insurance agent told him he was diabetic with high blood pressure. Needless to say, he then went to the dr (his Mom died from complications due to Diabetes).
    I do hope he gets to the dr really soon and gets to feeling better.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 4:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2009