dh thinks im over protective/ have double standards...

Because I don't want my 3.5 year old ds seeing girls in bras and thongs yet I will nurse dd right in front of him. This prompted me to say that its different. He rolled his eyes so I asked him if he's ever in his life been attracted to his mother (obviously he said no) I asked if he had ever wanted to see his mothers breasts. He said no. I asked if he had seen his mothers breasts would he have been turned on, again no. I refuse to walk around the house naked and don't just sit with my breasts hanging out all day, the only time he sees them is when I nurse dd. What are your thoughts?

mom06and09

Asked by mom06and09 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Oh and dh doesn't want ds to see the half naked ladies either but questions why I freak out so much he does.
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I think your DH is a little confused about the difference between breast for eating, and breasts sexually. It sounds like you did a good job of explaining the difference.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I think your right but I think he most likely never thought of it from that perspective until you mentioned it most likely.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• personally i think you are correct. breasts for feeding and breasts for sex or pleasure are two completely different things. i agree with you and krysta622. sounds like you explained it well.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• we pretty much have a clothing optional house... and the kids still bathe with me. we're not all that particular about clothing. lol so it's not a big deal if they see me in my undies or not, same goes for my SO... it just isn't a big big deal around here.

i kind of have to agree in general that there IS a difference between seeing a woman strutting around in a thong, and a nursing mothers exposed breasts, which shouldn't have to be hidden at all.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:56 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Men only see in the sexual way. Breast = sex.

Answer by louise2 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Your spouse sadly can only view women as sexual beings, not as nurturers. I feel sorry for him.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i agree with Louise-- men see the sex in everything. breast= sex. doggies= doggy style. (lol jk jk). i'm mixed on it. my son sees me fully naked, in my bra and thong. right now, he's laying in my bed (he's sick) and i'm in my "pjs" (i wear underwears- no bra tho to bed). thats how i've been my entire life and his entire 4 year life. i can walk around, fully nude, in front of my son. of course, that'll change soon, but right now, my son isnt looking at me in a sexual manner. hopefully my son will grow to expect more from a female's body, than just sexual desires... the stomach for creating a child, the breasts for feeding it. even the vagina to give birth to the child. our hands to hold and cure anything.. our feet to walk thousands of miles for their family, our lips to kiss away any ouchies, etc.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 4:25 AM on Dec. 22, 2009