Poor DH! What are some nice things I can do for him when he gets home from the doctor?

DH was not feeling so well today and was awake when I woke, so I said "stay home from work, recuperate"' as I always do and I got slightly concerned when he agreed since in the 7 years we've been together he never has before! Then he had a fever of 102 and said his ears were killing him so I said "call the doctor" and he did. Welp, just got off the phone and he has a double ear infection, bronchitis, and a sinus infection! Poor DH.

So I feel really bad for him but I've never had to take care of a sick person and I haven't been sick since I was like 10 so I don't know what nice things I should/can do for him other than make him food (which I do anyway!).

Mind you I have a rowdy nearly 10 month old to look after, so I can't exactly just drop everything and give him massages round the clock.

What nice thing do you do for your sick hubby/SO?

I think this will be good practice for when my kid gets sick! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Health

• I agree with ria7! sleep and rest will help him a lot. Make sure he is getting his meds by taking them to him with a drink. And keep the rowdy 10 month old away from daddy for a while. You don't want the baby to get sick, but I am sure with that ear infection, DH doesn't want to hear him either!
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• try and get him to drnk some tea. run him a nice hot bath and really steam up the bathroom.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• let him sleep alot, rent him a movie, make hot tea, bring him sprite, crackers, or anything he wants to eat
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2009