does he always have to look?

i hate going out with my SO because I feel like when we go out he is always looking at other women. he doesnt full out stare at them in front of me, but he is always like looking to see if they are looking at him. it irritates the hell out of me. why cant he just pay me more attention? can you guys please give me helpful advise on how i should handle this situation?

krisew90

Asked by krisew90 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• All men look...its just that some know how to be more subtle about it. If it really bothers you, you could just tell him straight up "Hey, I know you're a guy and you're going to notice other women, but I'd really appreciate it if you kept it to a minimum when you're out with me, just out of respect. It makes me uncomfortable." I think if you say it nice and respectully, he'll be more likely to respect your feelings.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 4:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I'v never caught my husband looking at another women, not to say he doesn't but I'v never noticed it. Have you tried talking to him about it? Sounds like he might have a little self confidence issue going on. Good luck.
    Mommy2LPK

Answer by Mommy2LPK at 4:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Men are visually stimulate. I would assume it's an ego boost for him to see people looking at him. I wouldn't worry about it, but I understand it can be irratating! I'd start pointing out people to him, say like "hey look at that woman, she's hot, she's looking at you"...or something like that. I dated a guy once and he kept looking at other woman, so I started pointing them out to him, he said I took the fun out of looking! lol
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 4:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• My DH looks at other women. But on the sly. So it does not bother me. I can't say anything. I look at guys too. On the sly.

Answer by louise2 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Why dont you LOOK at other men? See how he likes it.
    Anonymous

• Some women are going to say to do the same thing to him to "teach him a lesson". I don't recommend the games, I think you should straight up tell him how it makes you feel and if he doesn't stop, then I'd have to end the relationship if it's not something I could deal with.
    My question is... why does he care if they're looking at him? Tell him how hot he is (even when he's not) and maybe he won't need the confirmation for his ego from everyone else. I feel sorry for people that have such low self esteem as he must have.
    Personally his answer doesn't work for me.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 4:03 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i somewhat agree with lisa ann p. i would talk to him about it. but only if after telling him often how good he looks, and whatnot. =] good luck!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I hate to put it this way but my ex was like that and also a cheater which i found out after wards. He cheat ed on me three times while I was pregnant. Then again my current looks at pictures of women and such but he says it's just in mens nature. he doesnt openly look at women in public and such either though.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:12 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Also "teaching him a lesson" may not work if he isn't a jealous type
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• he is definitly the jelous type. he does have a low ego, but i tell him all the time how sexi he is to me. how gorgeous i think he looks. everything. sometimes i jus feel like he wants another women, maybe... why does he always have to look?
    krisew90

Answer by krisew90 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2009