Three Kings Day, have you heard of this?

I was reading on here and found some ladies said they celebrate this holiday, I have never heard of it until now. It is really a neat celebration, I wish I would have known of this when my own son was little!

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 4:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, not sure if it pertains to anyone else, but for us, it's a Puerto Rican tradition (we are Puerto Rican). It's January 6th. We always leave our tree up unti that day, and would usually get a small gift on 3 Kings Day, usually something hand made. In PR the children put baskets under their beds to receive treats from the 3 kings.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 5:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i know the catholics celebrate it.
    Anonymous

• I had an Italian neighbor when my husband and I were stationed in Germany. She celebrated Three Kings Day with her daughter. They had some traditions for that day, but I can't remember what they were. I just remember it is on January 6th.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• My husband is Catholic and had never heard of it. I read it was more a Catholic holiday too.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 5:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• JDanesMommy, I believe that is what my neigbor did as well. She also read her daughter the book "The Legend of Old Befana" by Tomie dePaola.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I HAVE HEARD OF 3 KINGS DAY- JAN.6TH,-- DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT- BUT REMEMBER COULDN'T TAKE DOWN THE TREE TILL AFTER THAT DAY
    Anonymous

• I am Catholic---we always left our tree up until that day. In the church it is still officially Christmas until after Three Kings Day, also known as The Epiphany or "Little Christmas". We didn't do any gifts that day or have any celebrations, but I have heard of that. I think maybe in some cultures....Puerto Rican, maybe?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• sdtgff
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Most latino family do, my family still does, (they just wanna party one more time :-) I don't it's not that important to me anymore.
    cholita1978

Answer by cholita1978 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• My "Spanish" family (former exchange student from Spain) celebrate it- it's based in Catholicism, but it's definitely more of a Latino/ Italian celebration. They give small gifts for Christmas, but for el dia de tres reyes they do an even bigger celebration- almost like Christmas is more about the religion and 3 kings day is more like our celebrations here.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 10:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2009