can you have brownish discharge in your 1st trimester??

cause i only have it when i wipe. and im 3 weeks and 4 days pregnant.

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have 6 kids and had light spotting in the first trimester with a few of them. I wouldn't be too worried, but I would definitly let your Dr. know just to rule out things like an infection. Good luck!
    pastaplease

Answer by pastaplease at 5:12 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• brown is good. red is a concern :)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Check with your doc to be sure but it doesnt sound like it would be of huge concern. I had light bleeding similar to what you said (mostly when I wiped) and it turned out to be placenta previa, meaning the placenta is down covering the cervix opening instead of higher up. Which almost always fixes itself. But you always wanna play it safe and see the doc.
    Anonymous

• i have had brown discharge this entire pregnancy and told my dr.'s and there has not been any concerns at all about it (i'm now 34 weeks)...
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 8:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2009