Vick's vapor rub on feet???

My kids have been sick and congested, my aunt said instead of putting the rub on their chest to put it on their feet with socks? Has anyone heard of this?

Juicy_Mom_of_2

Asked by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Health

• Yep. It works!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i have heard of it, and actually done it. it works great!! better than on the chest, i think. its not as easy to rub off because the socks are fitted and theres less rubbing going on. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Well, now you all have me curious....what does it do to put it on the feet? I guess these are very little children whose feet are relatively close to their noses.....Isn't the whole point to breath in the vapors?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 6:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Yep, it helps =)
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I did it with my kids, and my grandkids. My grandkids pediatrrician suggested it for my gs who is allergic to sooooo many things. It really helped with his cough and congestion. All I know is the regular old vicks rub and a clean pair of white cotton socks works wonders for mine.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2009