Potty Training

Hi my daughter is currently 21 months old and is now showing signs of being potty trained but I am still not sure f she is ready she waits a long time before she pees and then pees a diaper full and the other day I was letting her run around naked because she has a skin rash and when she had to pee she saw that I had laid out a fresh diaper to put on her after I let it air out ,she grabbed the diaper,opened it, and squatted to try to pee in it lol she says pee pee and doo doo and she is a very fast learner but If she is ready what are some tips to get started I have no clue how to do it at all if anyone knows how to potty train a little girl this young or has info on potty training please let me know thank you (:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What we did is buy a potty and keep it in the living room. (I know it sounds gross, but you want them to not be intimidated by it, and for it to be convenient). For the first couple of weeks I let him go completely bottom less, just a shirt on. From day one, he went on the potty every time he needed to go. A few weeks in, I started putting underwear on him. That brought a few more challenges, he didn't understand that there wasn't anything there to catch his pee/poop. Well now, after a few accidents he gets it! We have very few accidents. We now only diaper at sleep times and when we go out.
    Good luck!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:09 PM on Dec. 21, 2009