What can I use for flour is a cookie reciepe? I have no flour.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There is no substitute for flour in cookies. You can substitute self-rising for all-purpose and leave out the salt and baking powder.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I don't know, but someone in a gluten free group might. Possibly ask there.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Look up flour free cookie recipes. I found a great one for flour free oatmeal cookies when I was out of flour. Just google what kind you want to make.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I am not sure about this. I don't know if you can. But does anyone have a quick recipe for regular cookies. Either cut out or sugar cookies. ones that you can roll out and use cookie cutters.....
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Theres no sub for flour, sorry. But you can try this quick easy recipe: 1cup peanut butter (chunky or creamy), 1 cup sugar, 1 egg. Mix well and cook at 350 for 6-8min. Do not overcook as these tend to burn easily!!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 6:37 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• depending on what type of cookie, you can in a pinch take rolled oats and grind them in your food processor/blender and make "oat flour"... have had to do that before, but it will not work for any light colored cookie.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:39 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• if you were just short, almond meal can be used to replace some, but not all, flour in a recipe.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• You can make rice flour or bean flour

Answer by rkoloms at 7:32 AM on Dec. 22, 2009