Regret reporting child porn?

Kari Norman regrets turning in her husband to police after finding child porn. Click link for full story..

Please share your thoughts..

My first thought is that this story shouldn't be published because the last thing we need is for more people to think it's ok to NOT report this. My second thought is that I felt sorry for this woman until she said she REGRETS reporting it and if she could do it over again, she "wouldn't make the call". That statement makes Kari Norman as low as her husband in my opinion. She cares more about her "security" than her own child.
What are your thoughts?

legalmommy101

Asked by legalmommy101 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I agree, and sadly many women don't report. Actually child molesting within a family is a secret kept by the entire family much of the time.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:29 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Wow, that is so sad! I can't imagine being in her shoes though.

A number of years ago my husband served on the jury of a court marshall of a child molester. He was a family man, went to church, you would have never suspected him. His own 10 year old turned him in when he stopped molesting him and started on the younger brother. After that, kids came out of the woodwork, more than a dozen. It was sick and sad and that one man destroyed so many lives. He was caught by the courage of his own 10 yr old.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Okay, I can tell I have been up since 4:30...court MARTIAL....................sorry.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Somehow I think her opinion might be different if the star of that child porn were her own son.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:37 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Ok; you guys need to back the train up a bit - she didn't say she regretted turning him in cause he wasn't guilty or she felt bad for him or she wanted him to get off scott free. She's not saying he shouldn't be punished.

What she's saying is - WHY is SHE also being punished? What she said was she wished she'd gotten divorced before she turned him in; and not having her life and that of her 12 yr old turned upside down and torn to shreds. Because of him; and the way she went about things; she lost everything; had to take her 12yr old to homeless shelters?...that's kind of sad don't you think?

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Yea, it's sad. She also says she "regrets" turning him and and if she could do it all over again she wouldn't have made that call. Maybe it's just me but I'd gladly take my child to a homeless shelter than have him around a man that likes child porn. She's not being punished, she's throwing herself a pity party. Oh Gee, let me get out the world's smallest violin and play her a sad song. She's a nurse, she can find work. Her life is only ruined if she lets it be ruined.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• She also says she "regrets" turning him and and if she could do it all over again she wouldn't have made that call.

In reading the link above I only saw her say - she wished she'd gotten divorced before making the call - that's what she was regretting...that still being married she lost everything along with him...*not lost him but he lost everything as a result of his behavior and thus being still his wife so did she)

I don't think she wanted her son around a pedophile and that is exactly why she called immediately and turned him in; not knowing the chaos and turmoil it would throw her life into - had she known she would have left him first before reporting him...I personally don't see a problem with that
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Having her life turned upside down makes her a victim too, and it's okay for her to recognize that, and wish she'd divorced him first.

She did the right thing reporting him, but I can understand why she also sorrows her circumstance.
    Anonymous

• Wow, good thing the poor woman doesn't get on here! I feel for her. She tried to do the right thing, and it ended up destroying her life as well. So sad that she would get bashed for feeling like she does. How many of you have been in her shoes? Good grief, give her credit for turning in that sicko she married! She was treated as a hostile witness by both sides, and treated like crap by everyone, even though she was the one who made the call! And then, she ended up in a homeless shelter! I think any one of you would be just a little bitter about the way it all turned out if it happened to you.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:13 AM on Dec. 22, 2009