Tantrum Queen

So I have a 19 month old daughter and one on the way. I am going to have her in February. Lately my 19 month old has been throwing these extremely loud fits. I mean hurt your ears fits. I am wondering if it is because she knows i am going to have another baby and she is fighting for attention already. What do you think? Maybe it is just because the big #2 is on the way.

twogirls2010

Asked by twogirls2010 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• could be her way of getting more attention.

try to include in you activities and explain whats happening..ie what being a big sister will be like.

Ignore the tantrums and if she is in danger of hurting her self..put her in her room or safe place till she has calmed down.

Being tired can cause tantrums as well.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• It could just be her testing her boundaries, my 19 month old does that at times to see how far she can push me. Just ignore her when she does it, if you give any kind of attention youre feeding into her. Just walk away and once she is being normal give her attention. It's hard but that is what you have to do.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• mine is doing the same thing she is acting out so bad .i just keep tellingher no and i put her on the time out step not for long maybe a min if that
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Tantrums definitely start before the actual second birthday.

It's just easier when they're 2 because you can just tell a concerned onlooker "she's 2" and they'll smile and totally get it.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2009