what does depression mean?am i depressed?

i m 22 years old,married for 2 years and have a 1 year old daughter ,i stay at home everyday,dont drive,dont have any friends or family,my daughter is fussy,she keeps on crying and wants me to hold her all the time,of corse i do im always tired i dont have any diploma,not even ged,i feel like im a failure
how can i be more motivated?please help....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Health

• i am a stay at home mom right now too. my bf has to work from 3 in the afternoon til midnight. so im home alone too. i have a two month old son and he gets fussy sometimes. i bundle him up and take him out in his stroller. it helps him go to sleep and i get some fresh air. you could try getting your ged. you look up testing places online. you could try making friends with women around your area who have children so you aren't so lonely. if you need someone to talk to you can add me.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I know how you're feeling. I'm in a place right now where I have no friends or family near me. My daughter is one also and it gets pretty lonely being all by yourself all day with nothing to do. You can email me kaitlyn.altman@gmail.com if you ever want to talk! Can you try and find a local Mom's Group on meetup.com? It helps to get out of the house. But I know that's easier said then done with a One year old.
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I tell my adult children if they are not happy with their life make a list of why they are not happy then choose one thing they can do to make a change. Just one small thing can open up doors of opportunity to make you feel better about your life. If it were me I'd start with the GED. You can study for that online or get a book from the local library.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:36 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• You need to start with getting your GED. Contact your local community or technical college and they will help you out. Take the prep classes to get you ready and you can make some friends at the same time. Talk walks with your child, go to the park or just around the neighborhood. Talk to people you meet at the park. Go to the library for storytime. Remember that by getting your GED, meeting new people. you will be making a better life not only for you but for your daughter too. You will be a much happier mommy if you have some time to be you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2009