How do you know kellymom is right?

For some people the answer always seems to be kellymom.com. But what makes this website always right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• It's not always right. Just like Dr. Sears's website is not always right. Nothing is 100%. People can pick and choose which advice to follow and what tips they need for the lifestyle they choose.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Never heard of the site, so it wouldn't be one that I would trust. I trust very little on line. I talk to my doctor, my son's doctor, etc before making any decisions.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• as a mother you have a choice, i trust kellymom,com more than my doctor why cuz he doenst know anythinng baout breastfeeding. except that is better then formula. but he has no idea baout supply issues or pump, i pick and choose what i think its right andn the same i do with my kids doctor
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:50 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• As a parent you pick and choose your sources of advice. Some of the things the website says is correct, some is not so correct.

Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Well, on kellymom there are links to several sources to back everything up so I think that tends to mean its pretty credible. I personally like to check out several sources rather than just trusting 1 person, book, or site but kellymom.com is a really handy site w/ good info. about breastfeeding.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Kellymom.com's info can be back up by other sites such as WHO, AAP, and more. It has alot of great information about breastfeeding.

I was very unsure about the site until I started checking the information and found 90% of it to be backed up by more than one site.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:42 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• It has sources and journal articles backing up the information it gives you. Ask your doctor for the same and he/she may go silent and have a very hard time doing so. Breastfeeding is an ancient act that people have entire careers devoted to (Lactation Consultants) and doctors get very limited instruction on this topic. And, of course even some lactation consultants are better than others. I would trust the breastfeeding mom's group before I'd trust my doctor on this topic - because the mods know what they are talking about and my doctor advised me arbitrarily to start solids at 4 months (something the AAP, WHO, AMA, etc. all oppose and advise ATLEAST 6 months exclusive nursing/formula) People also say the AAP says they advise you to stop BFing at a year - but that's not true. It says to continue FOR ATLEAST A YEAR and then as long as mutually desired. Kellymom is a also good source of information.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• like Palexander said. Most of it can be backed up. i also love LLL website and Dr sears and Dr Hale
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 9:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2009