Cinnamon?

Can a 7 mo old eat cinnamon, the spice added to rice cereal, the stuff's so yucky?

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did it with my baby just don't get carried away it can upset the tummy
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• small amount is fine. just don't over do it.

but why would you be feeding grains? fruit/veggies are a much better option, easier to digest, and have man more nutrients. try mashed avocado, banana, sweet potato, cooked and mashed apples/pears with cinnamon, steamed carrots mashed, cooked hard squash... the list goes on.

babies NEVER need grain, it is actually HARDER to digest than fruits/veggies... but the cinnamon is fine, just go easy on it so as not to overpower the senses.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• My kids have always loved cinnamon - and it is great in regulating blood sugars. I would stay away from the baby cereals. Mine just ate regular, slow cooked oats mixed with some fruit for flavor. The baby cereals are just gross.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:59 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• some of the food my 8.5 mo old eats has cinnamon in it, and she likes it. if your LO doesn't like rice cereal, maybe try baby oatmeal. my LO liked the taste/ texture a lot better.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• You don't have to give your baby wall paper paste, I mean rice cereal.

You can give your baby bit of avocado mashed with breastmilk (or formula), baked sweet potato, oatmeal, pumpkin, pureed peas, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:11 AM on Dec. 22, 2009