male and female relationships-

anyone else there have better friendships with Men than with women? I figure it's because I played with the boys in my neighborhood more than the girls- I liked the remote control cars rather than the 'let's play house stuff' - guys were very accommodating for things like, let's get chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla, our gal pal needs it during 'her time'
but now according to the new rules of cheating, this makes me the 'emotional mistress' to all these men.
Give me that title Dr Phil if you must, but remember that on that same note, I am the one telling these men to get counseling when they want to leave their wives, to buy them message appointments instead of garbage cans, and giving them advice on how to spice things up with their wives when they are considering a physical affair!

what do you ladies think- does this really make me a alien? or are there others like me?

LadyAronna

Asked by LadyAronna at 8:06 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think your an alien... but then again... maybe I'm one too?

That's how I am with all my male friends!
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• glad to hear it! I"m not the only one! :)
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 8:58 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• your not an "emotional mistress" unless your taking the place of there wives in certain convos- like they think "oh she's a girl I'll ask her whats wrong with my relationship" that's a big no no. tell them if they need a ladies opinion on marital problems to ask there wife. but if it's just casual convos i think it's totally normal and fine.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 9:15 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• For starters, my hubby and I are best friends.. we talk to one another about everything! I think its natural for some women to become defensive about this.If you think about it, most guys would too! They see it as a threat, someone else getting attatched to their mate. Overall I think the majority of people would consider one on one time with a "friend" of the opposite sex inappropriate. I guess it would depend on the woman in question really. Is she one of those skanky girls, that WOULD if they COULD you know, dress revealingly? OR is she a friend from work, his bowling league, close family friend from childhood? THEN AGAIN, looks can be deceiving... Why can't this woman be friends with the "wives" too? Thats when I'd start to worry, if I wasn't allowed to be "hanging out" with them when I wanted... does this other woman have a boyfriend of her own, why not couple friends?hmmm good question...
    mikeysmomma2007

Answer by mikeysmomma2007 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I have always had more male friends than female friends. I have found, for the most part, that male friends are less likely to stab you in the back or blab what you say to them. I had a male friend, though, that was a huge backstabber and a huge liar. I would love to confont him, because I kept his secrets to myself. He will get what's coming to him though, so I am being the bigger person and not saying anything.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• To quote Mikeysmomma2007 - Overall I think the majority of people would consider one on one time with a "friend" of the opposite sex inappropriate. Yes, many people do- I never said I wasn't unusual, that's the whole point! I guess it would depend on the woman in question really. Is she one of those skanky girls, that WOULD if they COULD you know, dress revealingly? OR is she a friend from work, his bowling league, close family friend from childhood? THEN AGAIN, looks can be deceiving...

well, many women find the way I dress to be threatening. but seldom are my skirts short, and my clothes are never tight. I just have a tendancy to dress fancier than a lot of women do, and they assume that I'm 'dressing up ' for their man. I sew most of my clothes so that's one reason why you don't see me in sweat pants.

LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 3:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Think that also comes from the fact that 'the real world' has been filmed here- if you didn't dress nicely, then that was the day you saw the TV cameras!

no, I'm not a skank for dressing up- I just feel better that way and I also consider my niece's concerts to be a good enough reason to put on a nice dress and pearls! :)

Why can't this woman be friends with the "wives" too? Thats when I'd start to worry, if I wasn't allowed to be "hanging out" with them when I wanted... does this other woman have a boyfriend of her own, why not couple friends?hmmm good question...

LadyAronna

• You just stated the reason why I'm usually not friends with the Girlfriends or wives- They get defensive and jealous right off the bat- almost always suspicous that I MUST have alterior motives. It's mostly a case of it not working so many times, I don't push the matter. On the other hand, there have been many times where the wife or the girlfiiend who was very eagar to be my friend, turned out to have other motives- the woman wanted to date me! As far as couple friends go- Not really sure on that one so much. My husband and I just don't know that many couples I suppose-

LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 3:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• As far as why wouldn't the wife or girlfriend be welcome- it's not that they were never welcome, often the guy would want some time out alone just like he would with his guy friends. I think often that the woman in their lives blames me for her not being invited- or maybe my guy pal uses me as a excuse. I can't name one time where a guy pal of mine tried to change our situation from friends to lovers.

Bottom line is, and call me a traitor for saying so,

if your guy is my friend, then my loyality is to him. Often I'm put in a poition of having to choose. it's not because I am bedding your man or have ever had a thought of doing so. Just like women feel loyal to their women friendships, I feel the same way about a lot of the guy pals in my life.

Believe me, if I knew of a way to solve all of this so eveyone was happy, I'd do so!
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 3:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Maybe you dont look as nice as you THINK you do... maybe you really do dress slutty.... just a thought
    Anonymous