racism.

How come if a Caucasian person says anything about another race they are considered bigots or racist but if other races say something about the Caucasians they are just speaking out for the good of their race? I'm not trying to be stupid but I just wondered...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Double standard, same situation applies when a guy screws around, he is a cool dog and there is no nasty name calling for him but if a a woman does the same thing, she is a slut or whore...

No one likes bigots, except bigots themselves. Truthfully the people who are discriminated against the most, are the overweight and the mentally disabled, not those who complain the most...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:24 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• and i also wonder why certain races can call eachother racist words and its fine but if another race says it to them they are all offended? that ticks me off.
    KmYMaMa

Answer by KmYMaMa at 8:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• It is the "wonderful" double standard. If your white you have to hold your tounge. Any other race can say whatever whenever.
    I too never understood the whole for example blacks calling each other the "n" word and it is ok. It is NOT ok it is still racist.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Who cares, we all bleed red.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• ask one of your black friends

Anonymous

• Because we are not all the same. Deal with it.
    Anonymous

• cause Caucasians were the "masters" of slavery here in america and so whenever they say something derogatory its something more hateful but  if a minority says something about them  its just "payback"  and as for the comment saying that "and i also wonder why certain races can call each other racist words and its fine but if another race says it to them they are all offended" that is because if I as a black person calls u a cracker u would get offended right? but if another white person says cracker it would be funny same as nigga- (even though i don't like the word nigger whether it is said by a black or white person either way it is ignorant and derogatory but it holds more hate and anger when said by another race than when its said by the same race

lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• This again? You aren't considered racist for discussing race, what is it that you are SAYING?

As for the N-Word, WHY would you WANT to say it?? I am white and I don't know what it is like to grow up being black in america so it isn't my business if some choose to OWN that word that was USED against them as a weapon for so long....

I was raised that the N-Word was a no no, a bad word, it isn't that hard to NOT say it....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Last I looked....everyone I know has red blood once it hits oxygen......once and for all...we are all people....some are lighter skinned and some are darker skinned, all human all the same, with a heart, soul and mind and beautiful...life is beautiful and precious to me no matter who you are and no matter what culture you come from, knowing different people and different cultures makes me a happy and fulfilled person.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• but if another white person says cracker it would be funny

No It would NOT be funny. Racism is Racism. PERIOD
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 21, 2009