Christians please**We have free will***so does God ever intervene?

Please let Christians answer this.

If we have free will does God come in and say this is what I want? I am looking for a job, I have the free will to look where I want, will God help and guide me to the right places? Make sure I look where I should?

I am depressed enough, I don't need anyone telling me God isn't real and can't help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• He gives opportunity but I don't think He intervenes. He might remind us of what we need to stay focused on but the choices are still our's.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I don't think he "intervenes" per say. But he does guide. In the end it's our decisions what jobs we apply to, what interviews we attend, what jobs we take... It's like the old saying of "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink."

Good luck and best wishes in your search!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• You have freewill to make your own choices, God speaks to you or He can "intervene" through people or events. He will always guide you.
    Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and he shall strengthen
    thine heart. Wait, I say on the Lord.
    - Psalms 27:14
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• God can and certainly does give inspiration...you can still choose whether or not to follow that inspiration, but yeah, guidance is definitely there for the asking.
    Anonymous

• Yes, God will lead you where He wants you to be. But you need to be in serious prayer and ask the Lord to make it clear (even by giving you a verse for confirmation). I will keep you in prayer too.

"We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps." Proverbs 16:9

"How can we understand the road we travel? It is the LORD who directs our steps." Proverbs 20:24

If you put your eyes on the Lord, He will guide you. Jesus says that He is the Good Shepherd. He leads us if we follow Him. Keep your eyes on Him.

"Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; then stick to the path and stay safe. Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil." Proverbs 4:25-27

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:32 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My personal belief is that God knows where he wants us to go he just doesn't care how we get there. We can take the hard or the easy road. I feel like he's guided most of my decisions and things that have happened in my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Yes, you have free will. But I believe God uses you, and your unique strengths and characteristics, to guide you to where He wants you to be. And sometimes, that's the last place you want to be. Does He intervene? Hmmmm . . . my answer to that would be "yes and no". It's been my experience that when I involve God, things just seem to fall into place. When I don't involve God, I seem to fight and struggle every step of the way.

It can be hard sometimes, to take yourself out of the picture.
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 11:18 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I think in this type of situation, through prayer, God will try to guide you in the direction that He wants you to go. Of course you have free will to look where you want and choose the job you accept but I believe if you pray to God that His will be done and that you want to have the job that He wants you to that He will give you direction. The most difficult thing about it is discerning His voice from your own. I do believe there are times when He intervenes. Like, maybe everytime you interview for the job YOU want they never call you back but then there's this job that you would've never wanted for yourself that is chomping at the bit to have you work for them. Make sense?
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 5:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Yes God will guide you, He may do this through a lot of different ways, like closing opportunities off to us that we would like to have, sometimes through advice from others, our "intuition", etc. However, He doesn't force us to listen.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2009