How would you have handled this?

It happens all the time I am sure...but when you pull up in a parking lot and park don't you ever wonder if your car gets hit by other people's car door?

And what would you say if you were in the car but the person did not notice you were in the car but you were...and they looked but looked away and walked rather quickly I mean what can you say the damage is done if there is any. How would you approach this even if it was just a tap. I mean you can let them know you know what happened but really what can be done...other than start a fight I mean there are people who start stuff over the littliest things. I hate confrontations!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• "Wow that was rude". They could at least apologize. But don't get into anything over it...it's paint...cars get dinged...it's not worth it.
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 10:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• its happen to me and they acted like it didnt happen. i got out to see the damage and there was none and so i let it go. if there was damage I would get their insurance information like any other vehicle accident situation...if they refuse or fight with me you get their license plate number and report them. Nobody has to fight about it....a lot of people do freak out about stupid lil things but hey......being negligent is stupid, they had it coming.
    Anonymous

• The first day I drove our new car someone opened their door into it and dented my car's door, but I wasn't in it at the time. I was unhappy about it, but my husband shrugged and said it happens, and it was bound to happen sooner or later. When I park I usually try to park in a less crowded area, and also near an edge of the lot so that there is less chance of being hit. As far as your situation, that is the pits. I'd probably leave a note scolding the other driver and then pull into another spot so they couldn't retaliate.

Answer by Bmat at 10:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I would have taken their car information down. From that the insurance company can pursue the case. And I would leave a note on the person's car stating that fact.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i let it go. its just a car. and i know it happens alot to my car and truck. i see the dents. but really people are more important to me than any vehicle. if i were to see it happen. and actually i have. i just smile and wave. a dent or ding will not have power to ruin my day or anyone else around me. nope i rather be the reason a person has to smile and be happy. so yeah i just let that stuff go. its a choice. to be happy. and yes i can choose to be happy over a dent or ding. weird to some.
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 10:32 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• On my car, it would blend in with the big scratch I put in it hitting a display at a gas station. Oy.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I would expect a sorry. I have done that a number of times. Once I accidently bumped a women's car twice. The parking spaces had enough room for compact cars and she had a full size and us a small SUV. I said sorry and explanined I was trying to get our daughter in the car. She jumped out with her child in her arms and threated me and acted like she wanted me to jump her.

Another time, I bumped a women's car while pulling my son's carrier out. I didn't know I did it. Till I hear a honk and someone screaming Bi**H you hit my car. She jumped out and ran around till she saw I had a baby. I cussed me for 10 minutes AFTER I went in the store.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:30 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i hit someones car on accident on time a the bank. it was barely a tap but the lady raced out of her car like i beat the shit out of it but she didnt say anything to me
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I guess it depends on what you're driving. If you're driving an old pos then let it go. If you have a new nice car that you still owe 30 grand on I would nicely say "Hey can I get your insurance information. I know it was an accident but you dinged my car door and insurance can inexpensively take care of it" If you have it fixed yourself it will cost a bit. If insurance does it won't even make their premium go up. No one is hurt. Go on. Be nice but don't be a doormat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I honestly think people are just A-holes on purpose. I use to park my brand new $35,000 truck out as far away from buildings as possible so people would be less inclined to park near me and it wouldn't get dinged but I would always come back out to find a flock of vehicles parked right around it along with a new ding... I also had some one key the sides of it too once. Pissed me off since it was the only nice thing I had/have ever owned brand new and I bought it for myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Dec. 22, 2009