Is it normal to be dropping so early?

I'm just over 30 weeks pregnant with my second baby and my daughter is starting to get really, really low. Sometimes it feels like she's trying to get out and feel so much pressure. This has been going on regularly for about a week and a half to two weeks now. I'm also experiencing a lot of Braxton Hicks and wonder if that has anything to do with it? It's been five years since I was pregnant with my first and I don't really recall my son doing this so early, or at all now that I think about it (or at least it sure didn't feel like it does now!) so I have no idea if it is normal or not. Any thoughts??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i read you drop sooner with second n third n so on pregnancies
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:52 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I dropped around 31weeks with a lot of BH contractions & he stayed in until my emergency C at 37weeks (unrelated to the dropping or contractions). I was told it is normal & every pregnancy is different. If you're concerned, bring it up at your next OB appointment (or, if your contractions get closer together & are constant - which may be a sign of early labor - then you'll want to head on over to L&D).
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Seems fine to me and I wouldnt worry about it at all. Stick your finger in your who-ha (not in your cervix) and press up towards your stomach. If its mushy... she isnt as low as you think. If she is head down and engaged, you will feel the hardness of her head and can even feel her move.

Please not to avoid the bashing... I specifically said NOT IN YOUR CERVIX. There isnt a risk of infection to just put your finger in your vagina
    Anonymous