What can I use to prevent hair static in an 18 month old?

I'm just not sure what will work and what is safe for baby. Her hair gets bad static and she's always getting shocked...also the knots.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Dec. 21, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I would rub a dryer sheet on her head..I do it to my own when I have static. (Not really rub as much as pull it through my hair like you are brushing with it.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Dryer sheets may have chemicals that would be bad for her head. There are combination shampoos for kids with cream rinse. If her hair is brown or black you could use olive oil for hair you can get by the shampoo.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:17 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• put some kind of spray gel on a brush and brush her hair with it ?? that's what works for me at least.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 12:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Free and clear dryer sheets :) No harsh chemicals:) Or you could use a gloss spray for woman.
    pa_ool

Answer by pa_ool at 1:29 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• pa ool has the right idea. i use to babysit a girl who had BAD static. i put a lightly used free and clear dryer sheet from a small load of laundry onto a hairbrush and used that. it worked GREAT and theres no chemicals or smell!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:35 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Increase the humidity in your home

Answer by rkoloms at 6:01 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Run a dryer sheet over her hairbrush then brush her hair with her brush.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 3:15 AM on Dec. 30, 2009