Getting my baby to sleep.

So when my Daughter was a newborn to eleven months old she slept through the night perfect, had her on a great schedual. Then now ive never heard a baby cry so much. I figured she would cry when i put her in her crib for a half hour at the most but she will cry and cry and cry and cry some more.. She has her normal routine of getting a bath, cuddle time with a book then bed. but nope not anymore. And she will be up until midnight. I dont know what to do. Any ideas?

Piraal

Asked by Piraal at 12:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Of course you shouldn't let your baby cry. She may be teething or be uncomfortable from something like diaper rash or eczema. It's normal for babies to wake during the night until they are 3. It is a survival mechanism hard wired in their brain to protect babies from getting too far from their mother and to help make sure bad things don't happen to them in the night.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:51 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My daughter started this at 9 months old. We asked our doctor about it she told me to check on her in 15 min increment's to comfort her than leave again. She said it is fine for baby's to cry in small increments it there way of getting ride of stress. My daughter did this untill we found out she did not want to sleep in a crib anymore once i got her a toddler bed thank god it all stopped and she went to bed like a angel every night .

BellazBabyMomma

Answer by BellazBabyMomma at 3:31 AM on Dec. 22, 2009