if you know you will not have another baby ...

do you feel sad when you relaize you wont ever feel your baby move inside you ro buy tiny clothes anymore?

My bff is pregnant, and while she was here the other day, I was giving her all of my sons clothing that he has outgrown ( well besides what I am keeping in his memory box) ...and then she got soo excited everytime the baby would kick ( she is 7 1/2 months) ...and I realized I will ( most likely) never have that again and it made me sad....

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 1:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know what you mean. I'm a grandmother and it's still hard for me.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:37 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• There are days but it is short lived then i remind myself of the sleepless nights the constant saying no no no no no no no no dont no stop no come here no dont touch no. lol. I babysit and i get my baby fix that way I find that after a couple hours i am so ready to give them back to their moms, it just proves to me that i am truly done and made the right decision to stop.

I think of the belly and miss it but then i think you know back then all i wanted was to hold them and have them out and playing with them. so i enjoy the fact that they are out and i dont have to wait and wish for them to hurry up and get here :)

The only part i know i truly miss is snuggling with a newborn there is just nothing like it, holding them in those first few weeks while they sleep i was always in awe of them, even now when my 5 y/o sleeps i feel that way looking at her.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:38 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• OH NO....that made me sad again! Yes, I'm done. I've had my three boys and that's it. I was so sad to pack up my youngest son's Newborn size clothes, then the 3 month size...he will be 6 months on Christmas! I am enjoying the heck out of him, and I take a million pictures a day (a luxury I didn't have with my older boys) and I cuddle a lot! But I remember very vividly how I felt in my last pregnancy. I had aches and pains like nothing I'd ever felt before! My other boys were born when I was 19 and 21. Now I'm 29 and OMG I felt like a whale! I won't miss that, for sure!
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 1:43 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• There was a time when I had sad feelings about that. I had my tubes tied after my 3rd son. Occasionally, when friends had babies I'd feel twinges of regret, but once my boys got older not so much. I look forward to being a grandmother, and now that my boys are pretty much grown I'm really enjoying my freedom. I had my first son at 21, and my youngest brother was born when I was 12. I babysat constantly.......I didn't realize how nice freedom was. I still love to hold a baby, and borrow from friends and family, but now I'm happy to give them back!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:45 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• There is a bittersweet feeling, but no regrets. Yeah, I do get a little sad or nostalgic when I think of all the "never-agains" like feeling my babies kick and hearing their heartbeats, holding my newborn while he trustingly sleeps in my arms and viewing the world through his first-time-eyes. But then I also remember the other "never-agains". No more middle of the night feedings, no more diapers, no more holding my crying baby and having no idea why he won't stop even though I've tried everything. For me I know that I will always want to have those experiences again, but I also know that I'd feel that way even if I did have "just one more". And then I try to get my baby fix from my family and friends babies, and I am always glad to give them back too ;)
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My husband and I are not planning anymore and it sometimes makes me sad that I will never feel a baby kicking again never smell that newborn smell or buy tiny clothes and diapers. I will also never get the chance to try breastfeeding without being pressured to use formula.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 2:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I was told it's highly likely I will never get pregnant and I can not put into words the pain and disappointment. I have to avoid my friends when they are pregnant or have a new baby because it upsets me too much. They complain about the kicking, about the late night feeding... and I would gladly trade my worthless womb for what they have.
    sadchildlessme

Answer by sadchildlessme at 3:52 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I couldn't believe how much I missed having my little passengers onboard after I delivered my twins. It was neat knowing I was never really alone while they were growing inside me. My husband and I would have loved to have a third child after the twins but our chances of having another set of twins was just too high and we can't afford that so we got him fixed. I wish I had gotten to be pregnant more than once but I have two beautiful children and wouldn't trade them for all the money in the world. I see pregnant women and feel that little twinge but I think we all get that after we know for sure we won't be getting pregnant again. It's part of being a mom I think. I just feel blessed I was able to bring two lives into existence and leave it at that.
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 7:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• nope! I got to experience it twice and I knew I was done with it!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:56 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Charlotsomtimes stole my answer.  LOL.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:59 AM on Dec. 22, 2009