My ignorance is going to show: what is this "DH" i see on various posts?

I assume the "H" is husband, but we've been married for almost 22 years and I can think of a lot of adjectives that start with "D" and aren't "darling".

kcmom2336

Asked by kcmom2336 at 1:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in About CafeMom

• dear husband
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:37 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I had the same question when I started here. I think it's silly personally b/c dear husband just sounds funny to me, but that's what it is. DS is dear son, DD is dear daughter, SO is significant other, SD stepdaughter, SS stepson. I had to learn the lingo too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• lol im not even married but i know what you mean. its supposed to be "dear" husband, but lemme tell ya... my fiance is NO dear fiance. at least not all the time. even when the women complain about their husbands or SOs or what ever its always DH lol its silly, and your right, i can think of a lot of Ds to put in front of husband and not darling or dear, either!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• You can click here to see a full list of abbreviations. It's from the CafeMom Newcomers group. =)

firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 10:12 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It's just an abbreviation. Dear/darling. Most of the time I don't want to cal my husband darling either but I do need to save time even if it's just a few keystrokes.
    Anonymous