Now I know why we've never had a real tree!

because my allergies can't handle it!!! Anyone else going to ban real christmas trees due to allergies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Holidays

• I have two friends who have and they dont come over in december because of it lol, so far it hasnt affected me yet and i pray it never will i love my real tree.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:20 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Oh, we have an artificial tree for several reasons.

1. Dh is allergic to trees and tree sap
    2. We have dogs, which would drink up all the water, making it a pain and also a fire hazard
    3. The friggin pine needles stuck in the carpet for MONTHS!!! gggrrrrrrr

I love my 6.5ft pre-lit tree!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:44 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• my mother has a ton of allergies but none to xmass trees or so we thaught we laways got a real one oen year we got a kind called blue spruce OMG she had huge purple welts jsut form going near it to water it and put presents under it. After that we got a nice fake tree no more chancing her allergies
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 8:22 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Even if you have a fake tree you have to be careful to seal it up tight when you store it or it will be dusty and disgusting when you first take it out of the box next time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Yes, i have all kinds of allergies..an when i took my tree out this year--i couldnt stop sneezing! apparently it was dusty as crap, so i had to keep steping away from the tree..so fake trees are a cause for allergens too. but hey, i do love my white tree-cause jic it decides not to snow, i will have my snow coverd tree!
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2009