I am a sahm an my very good working friend have no problem in just leave her kid in my house sometimes

when she have dates, when she have errands, .....I have 3 children, and I just don't want to watch her kid. How do I explain that to her and keep the good relantionship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• just tell her that...very nicely say, I have my own children to watch and I am tired. Or ask her to please ask you to watch her child rather than just dropping them off
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:17 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• You need a backbone. Just say "sorry, today is not a good day to watch little Bobo".

Answer by rkoloms at 5:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Just ask her to make sure that it is ok first, what if you weren"t home. You just need to say I am sorry but I have too much going on to have the drop offs
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:44 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• DOES SHE HELP YOU WITH YOUR KIDS... I WAS A GLUTTON LIKE THIS YEARS AGO WHEN MY KIDS WERE YOUNG...
    KINDLY SAY, NO, I DO NOT WANT TO BABYSIT.. I AM TIRED FROM MINES,,, NO.. SORRY, BUT I HAD TO DO IT.. TELL HER, I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I FEEL LIKE BABYSITTING..

I SELL THOSE KINDS OF TOYS

HTTP://LADYADRIENNES.FANTASIAHOMEPARTIES.COM

EMAIL: LADYADRIENNES@GMAIL.COM
    babekids06

Answer by babekids06 at 7:09 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Just tell her nicely. When I was a sahm, I turned watching kids into profit. Who else would watch their kids off the bus for free? Why should you be a free babysitter, I'm sure you would like a break also.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 8:21 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I agree with mommorgan, remind her how tight things can be financially when you're a sahm. And if she would like to continue leaving her children with you, while she's off doing unnecessary things, that you will charge less than the child care center, but will still be asking for something. Or tell her you would like to start swapping services. You'd like a night away from your kids every once in a while too.
    Anonymous

• Just tell her it's innappropriate for her to just leave her child in your home. That she needs to find a proper babysitter, because you cannot be that for her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• what good friendship is this? sounds like she is just using you. i would kindly say, you know, 4 kids is too much for me to handle. i will be more than happy to watch your child once in a while...but, why don't you ask her to watch your children for a couple hours, while you pamper yourself or run errands.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 2:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2009