2 questions

this is my second pregnancy and my first child is 4yrs old. do u feel movement sooner with 2nd,3rd pregnancies? sometimes i think i feel some movement and i know a woman just exactly a month ahead and she is feeling movement.
Also did any of you loose weight while pregnant?
i was 136 when i found out i was pregnant with baby #2 which is more weight than when i was pregnant the first time so i have extra weight. i have went from 136 to 128.8 the dr hasn't said anything yet but it concerns me that i am loosing and not gaining. i'm almost 15wks and have only threw up once but have been nauseous and not ate as much.

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 5:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes you do feel movement earlier because you know what you are feeling, and loosing weight in the beginning is normal it is how your body reacts to the hormones, and also if you had bad morning sickness will cause weight loss, the doctor will become worried after about 18 weeks, as long as the baby is healthy and growing properly it is ok don't worry if the doctor isn't, but let your doctor know that you are concerned.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:13 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I lost weight in all my pregnancies - well I gained so little, I was actually losing. With this last pregnancy I only gained 6 pounds total. Your doctor will let you know if it becomes a problem.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:18 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• yes im on my 3rd pregnacy and you do you feel the baby alot sooner ..... with my first two i lost 15 lbs with each and gained only 10 lbs with one and 15 with the other .... i didnt start gaining weight till the 6-7 month but with my 3rd im 10 weeks and i have gained 8-10 lbs im freaking out lol
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 10:05 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I felt movement around 14-15 weeks, but it was more like little flutters but it was enough that I knew it was the baby and not gas lol
    And I've only gained 8lbs this pregnancy and Im 33 weeks...the Dr ahsnt been concerned bc I'm measuring a week bigger at every appt so she said as long as the baby is gaining and measuring where she should then everything is ok. I was sick to my stomach the first 12 weeks and I'd get sick if I ate or didn't eat.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• yes to both. im 10 weeks ans have lost about ten lbs, but i was overwieght so it didnt matter. my doctor also tol menot to gain more than 15 lbs.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2009