Do you think there are many 'paths to God'? Q obviously not aimed at atheists :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Bible plainly states that there is only one way to God, and that is through belief in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son. Jesus said it Himself in John 14:6: "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." It can't get much clearer than that.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:35 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I would hope that there is not jsut ONE way...because a LOT of people will be screwed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Wrong Nanny. The NEW TESTAMENT- a book that was added to the OT. and presented as the 'complete' Bible says that. That is the path for Christians, not everyone else. This goes back to the other question posted this morning about everyone thinking their religion is the right one.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Religion ?'s are always interesting to me. If you strip each religion down to the barebones its all the same thing!!!! The only thing we continue to argue about are the things each man or figurehead of each religion said. It's also interesting to me that some of those who claim to be a "good (insert religion here)" are often times the ones spilling hate & discontent. Aren't we supposed to love one another? Where in any religion does it say love only those you happen to get along with? In fact doesn't the bible teach to love your enemies? Hmmm, prove me wrong ladies but I don't see alot of that happening!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:04 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• IhartU, aren't you an atheist...?

There is only one path.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:11 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• ditto, lexy..on both counts.

there may be different shops on the corners or sidetrips or scenery from one side of the road to another, but the main 'path' is still JC Boulevard.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:17 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• There are many paths to whichever God is out there. No one has the corner market on God. And just because I am an atheist, doesn't mean I don't have ideas and thoughts about religion and God. I have quite a few, actually.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:23 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

But the Bible says just that, but in les blunt terms :)

Matthew 7:13,14  “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Now a certain man said to him: “Lord, are those who are being saved few?” [Jesus] said to them: “Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able" - Luke 13:24
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 8:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Just a ? that's always confused me. Why is it that the things that "God said" that are written in the bible are taken as that's what God said to man w/ out any question but today when people say God talks to them we dismiss them as crazy?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:48 AM on Dec. 22, 2009