What would you do?

My daughter has had enlarged lymph nodes that we brought her to see an oncologist and he said that he wasnt worried about them. Then my daughter had her blood drawn and her white blood cells were normal, 2 weeks later they checked them again and now they are below average. Now in the past 2 weeks she has gotten violently ill, just for it to pass in a couple hours time? She had a fever, and *vomitting*.. (which she can not vomit due to having a fundo)

We have a 3 month old, myself and my husband all living in the home which NONE of us have even gotten the sniffles from her? I am bringing her back to the doctors again, but it just seems as if they are not as concerned as I am.

Oh yes, she is 4 years old and usually only weighs 29 pounds, now she is down to 25.

Do you think this is over reacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Kids' Health

• No not at all!Oh hon I feel for you, so sad and right around the holidays.I remember when my 5 year old ( I think 5) had to get tested for allergies she is 17 now.Then they put like 60 pricks in her back and she just layed there and told ME it's o.k. mom.I was so sad for her, and she was so brave.I will pray that you find an awnser, hopefully it's just a passing virus with so many going around some folks are getting hit with one right after another.Good luck and take care, mom does know best, stephy
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 8:56 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• NOPE!!!! You're the mamma & you know what's abnormal. Listen to your instinct & MAKE them do more testing, switch drs if you have to!!! don't let your child get worse because the "experts" told you wrong. There are millions of stories about just this type of thing. Good luck mamma & fight for your kid.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Thanks you guys. I have been just a nervous nelly lately. I'm glad you both don't think i'm over reacting. Something just doesn't seem right lately with her.. I hope it's nothing :) Have a great holiday!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Take her to a different doctor.
    I would be just as concerned as you are.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 8:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Sounds like it could be a food allergy. Ask for a food panel rast test for IgE & IgG
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:38 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I know that some doctors don't seem that they are too concern wih some situations with kids But I guess its because it's not to serious or they don't see anything major going on. Or they don't know what it could be because they didn't find anything wrong at the time. But your the mom if you notice anything not right with your child go elsewhere for a different oppion. Or better yet take your daughter to childrens hospital. they specialize with kids.much better.there.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 11:27 AM on Dec. 30, 2009