how can i get help for christmas?

hi to ever reads this.on Thursday the 18th i had to have surgery.i didnt get out of the hospital till sunday..well in the mean time i was sighning up to get free gifts for my kids,my parents volventered to go pick them up.when they got there my mom didnt relize how long the wait would still be since it was about 3:oopm.she called me & i told her to gorget it cuz she had to stand in the cold.she turned to leave & triped.she broke her right arm & fractured her left.well now we both are down & its gonna be hard to fix christmas dinner plus i never did get my sons a presen.any help would be apperatied..

mspac

Asked by mspac at 7:57 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Holidays

• Neither of you have SO/DH? To do the presents and the dinner fixing?

Answer by louise2 at 8:08 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• i'm afraid its too late for any help from an organization/etc. i don't know what to tell you. ...sorry..it wouldn't hurt to call them, JIC..
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:12 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• All I can think of is to ask DH/SOs, or friends and other family. I know it will be xmas but maybe they can come over before the big day and prepare everything so that all you need to do is warm it up. I'm not sure whatelse to say. I've never had a situation like this. I hope all goes well!! Happy Holidays!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:14 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I am sorry for your situation, but as a pp said, it's too late to get any help from any organization. If you are active in your church, you may be able to call your pastor/priest and ask him if there is anything the church could do for you, but other than that, the only suggestion I've got is to maybe celebrate the holiday after everybody feels better. I know it isn't quite the same, but at least you would have some type of holiday celebration.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I'd call organizations anyway. Just make go through your towns churches and organizations. Big community organizations might be able to help - also you can swtich- tell each child privately that they're going to gift sissy or brother, baby with one of their toys and that child will then be gifted in return. It promotes learning, sharing and ingenuity in hard times.
    Wrap presents in comics if you don't have holiday wrapping paper. If you don't have comics then have child close eyes and make child guess what's in your hands or another child's hands. If you have anything at all pushed aside or hidden away that you can give each child as a special life gift from you then do that.

Have kids draw pictures for each other or write a story. Or you write a story down for one child from another child but in the storyteller's words. Record in voice a story.

Feel better. Call phone book churches and organizations.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:35 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Ask a good neighbor to help you two.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I don't think you'll get very much help around here. 

Read - http://www.cafemom.com/answers/348165/Should_moms_be_asking_us_to_help_them_with_christmas

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Gee anon :51 why dont you help her then?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Ask neighbors and friends, if not call social services, salvation army, someone has to have something left. OMG, I feel for you and it does happen.

Call the local church... :) Good luck

NO kids should do with out on christmas. :(
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Sorry for your situation, you might try calling all your local churches or schools. Your township might also be able to help. In our small town the catholic church does alot to help out in the community to make sure the children are covered. Wishing you luck, I hope everything works out for your family.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 4:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2009