Special K diet

Any ladies plan on doing it for the New Year? I'd like to lose about 25 lbs by June, and I did the Special K diet before and it really works. I'd REALLY like to start a support group specifically for that challenge. I figure it'll be easier to do & stick with when you have other people doing the same thing. Any takers?

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 8:59 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Diets and diet aids are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:38 AM on Dec. 22, 2009