Can morning sickness come back in the third trimester?

I have just started my third trimester and all of the sudden I feel really bad again. Just wondering if it is possible for morning sickness to come back or if it is something else.

picot08

Asked by picot08 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yup - very common.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Be glad yours went away for a bit, I puked from week 6 on, even 2 times on the way to the hospital!!!! As the baby grows it puts more pressure on your organs so the added pressure can cause your stomach acid to creep up your throat.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:10 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Oh yes with a vengence. Hope you feel better soon!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:11 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Yes. Especially out of the blue. GL .
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 9:11 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It often does. Remember your saltine routine from Tri1 and repeat that.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Yes its very common!

Danielle Shellhorn
    http://www.internetceomoms.com/Danishel
    Email-Thisfamilyrocks@gmail.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 9:28 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I got sick again, but mine ended up being an ultimately undiagnosed issue. My body has a habit of behaving when I know something big is happening - so I threw up everything, including bile, for a month. I was hospitalized for another week and a half beyond that. Different levels of something within my body were elevating and dropping, and had been doing so for days, so they told me that if I didn't start evening out within the hour, they were doing an emergecy c-section at about 33 weeks. They thought it was a different form of preeclampsia, but I didn't have all the symptoms. Wouldn't you know it though, my body said, "Screw this!" and started evening the levels out when they did the bloodwork after that hour. I got sick again with my second, but as similar as it felt to me, it wasn't the same thing. Nothing was going crazy inside, so it was just really bad morning sickness that left me dehydrated and I was hospitalized.
    Jeiao

Answer by Jeiao at 9:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• When I felt sick later on in pregnancy, I was borderline anemic. Has your doctor checked your iron levels? Once, I started taking iron supplements, I felt much better.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Actually a lot of the times it's not the hormones of morning sickness that are making you sick. I had this every pregnancy. Apparantly your gallbladder doesn't process fats and toxins the way in normally does during the third trimester which can make you nauesiated, and even vomit regularly. It seemed to help when I limited starches and lowered my fat intake. I was even hospitalized for a few days because I got dehydrated and they wanted to watch baby.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Seriously, I don't know why in the world they call it morning sickness! I was sick all day long, for nearly 9 months!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:32 AM on Dec. 22, 2009