• In the Spotlight:

Teething??

Is it possible for my 2 month old (10 Weeks) baby to be teething & what are the signs and symptoms of teething?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes its possible. I had my first tooth out of the gums at 4 months. Signs of teething are excessive drooling, fussiness, trouble sleeping, constantly putting hands other other objects in mouth, chewing on things instead of sucking on them, increase in wet diapers (from more drool), and runnier stools (from more dool also.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Babys can start teething months before teeth are even going to come. My son started around 2 months, they drool alot, and they tend to start chewing on toys and binkys vs sucking. I was told from my sons ped to not waste my money on oragel if he gets grumpy due to the pain in teething but to use infant tylenol, because it works better and longer. The excess drool will wash away the oragel! Just so ya know. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Around 2 or 3 months old pretty much ALL babies become chewing drool factories. It is just part of their natural development at that age. The drooling/chewing is often just baby doing baby stuff but some do teeth pretty early.. My first had 2 teeth at 4 months and my second cut his first 2 at 3.5 months. Teething age tends to run in families so if you or his dad were early teethers then chances are good that your baby will be too. Teething only really needs to be treated if it is causing a lot of trouble to the little one.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 11:18 AM on Dec. 22, 2009