Who has Migraines? If you do what type of treatment have you gone through? Or any medications to help?

ddsunshine

Asked by ddsunshine at 9:26 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Health

• Do you keep a food diary? Some common migraine trigger foods are: nitrates (like in cured meats), vinegar, chocolate, cheese, tree nuts, MSG/HFCS. You may want to work with a nutritionist/dietician, or on your own, to structure an elimination diet to try to determine if you have any migraine trigger foods.

I take magnesium supplements, and avoid my triggers (chocolate and tree nuts)

Answer by rkoloms at 9:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My sister used to get horrible migranes. I mean, they would take her out for a day or two. She tooks meds and got little to no relief. She saw a chiropractor and after a couple of months treatment, has not had one migrane in three years. I know that it works for some but not all but it would be worth a try! Hope you find some relief soon!!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I used to get them super bad nearly daily. I take zoloft now for anxiety and depression and they have pretty much stopped. You may want to consider that option.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• So far, cutting hotdogs out of my diet and changing birth control has been a big help. I take Fiorinal to help relieve the pain. Works great for me so far. The best cure, was pregnancy. I had one horrible one the first month and NONE the rest of the pregnancy. Since I had my daughter and before I get one about every other month.

My aunt used to get them real bad. She was on a preventative, but not sure what. And menopause has helped all the women in my family so far, too.
    Anonymous

• I find putting a heating pad on my neck or head helps, Excedrin Migraine works wonders and so does Head On in migraine strength.
    Carista

Answer by Carista at 9:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2009