I want to get her a gift so she knows I'm "still there" without crowding her...

My friend has no family here except her boyfriend. I went to her doc appts with her,drove her to the hosp when she was in labor and stayed until she had the baby.I even held her legs up while she was pushing. Now her mom and gma are here and I want to see her,but I don"t want to crowd her. I was thinking I could get her a really pretty low maintenance plant or something...any ideas?

Reshel

Asked by Reshel at 9:39 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I like the plant idea

Answer by admckenzie at 9:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Get her something for the baby.Something easily taken home,nothing big!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• yeah i didnt want to give her something she'd have to tote home from the hosp, i was just going to go put it in her house before she went home.
    Reshel

Answer by Reshel at 9:47 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Ha I wouldn't get her anything else she has to take care of right now (the plant). If she lives somewhere cold I'd say maybe a pair of fuzzy slippers or a robe for those middle of the night feedings? If she's into that kind of stuff? It's hard to say for someone we don't know lol
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:49 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• " low maintenance plant" and we live in florida...
    Reshel

Answer by Reshel at 9:55 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Maybe some free babysitting coupons (for later when no one is around to help)? Or what about a special Christmas ornament having to do with friendship or with the baby?
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 9:58 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Does she like plants? I do not and would have been thinking, "errr, um, ok." Perhaps she would like something for her, after all, the attention is all on the baby now and she doesn't want to get lost in the mix.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:17 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Aaww!!! I would love to have you as my friend that was so sweet of you and no you will not be crowding you have as much right as they do just bc they are blood related doesn't mean you have to move to the side to make room for them you were there for her when it counted and I am sure she will appreciate you for always..GL

Go ahead and pay a visit or stay awhile and bring your low maintenance plant to her.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My sister in law sent me the best present ever! A self massage kit... mmm..... the lotion is the best smelling (chamomile and lavender) and it feels so good (it warms up and works the muscles) It came with soap, the lotion, a "dry" loofa, a back scrubber/massager, and an eye mask that feels WONDERFUL!

earththeraputics.com is the site that is advertised on the lotion...
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 10:29 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• No plants!!! I killed every last one of mine (including cacti) because I was too busy taking care of my newborn. Bring her chocolate or food from her favorite restaurant instead. Oh and a box of wipes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Dec. 22, 2009