How long did it take your milk to dry up?

I haven't breastfed my 16 month old in a week and a half now. I EBF up until she just wasn't interested in it anymore. So, my question is how long did it take your milk supply to dry up? I can tell I still have milk and am surprised I still do. I guess I'm also waiting for my period to start any day now too.

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 9:48 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It took me less than a week. My mom bound up my breasts tight with a towel and pinned it. Do women still bind up their breasts now to stop the flow of milk?

Answer by admckenzie at 9:50 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Well, I guess you can still leak from time to time for quite a while after you stop. I stopped at 13 months and didn't have any issues. Nothing came out even when I squeezed. It's different for every woman I suppose. But try to but anything hot on them like a hot shower. And try not to stimulate them too much. That's all I can say.
    TBSNBubblegum

Answer by TBSNBubblegum at 10:10 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• i am in the same boat. i just weaned my son completely off the breast 10 days ago...i still fill up and express milk out in the shower. i leak too...so, I am not sure...I am still waiting too.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 12:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2009