How can I get cigarette smell out of my house?

Entertaining people tonight who don't know we smoke. We don't smoke in our house but do in the garage, which I assume still smells in my house. What else can I do to get rid of the smell? I've sprayed air spray, vaccumed carpet after putting powder down, mopped floors with pine sol, lit candles...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Odoban spray is what my maintenance man suggests. You can get it at Sam's club and Walmart.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:51 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Honestly, trying to be an ex smoker.

It will take more then a day too get rid of the smell, but try fabric freshner, and open all the windows. Spray curtains, closets, furniture.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• For the carpets, I always used baking soda when I was cleaning for people that smoked that wanted to get rid of the smell. Just sprinkle some on the carpet. Let it set for about 5-10mins depending on how bad the smell is and then vacuum clean it right up.
    Desirae17

Answer by Desirae17 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• set out bowls of vinegar throughout your house, it will absorb the odor. Your house probably doesnt smell that bad if you only smoke in the garage..
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Try an air purifier. A big one in the main room of your house. The prices vary, but I think they are worth it. It's something that you could use time and time again so it wouldn't go to waste:)
    2bme

Answer by 2bme at 1:53 AM on Dec. 30, 2009