Are you that self-concious about your house, or are there really women on here judgemental enough...

It seems like every post I read with a picture of someones home in it, there is always some sort of disclaimer "don't mind the ___, __ was playing when I took the picture," or "don't mind the __, I didn't realize it was there," something along those lines.

Most of the time it is just a couple of toys, or something no one would have noticed or thought anything of. Like one woman had a radio in her kids room picture and apologized for it being in the picture just that she was listening to it when she was cleaning... I didn't think anything of it...

So, why... why do some women feel ashamed to have a slightly less than perfect picture? Are there women on here that would actually say something about a toy in the living room or a radio in the baby's room? Because I tell ya what. If I were to take pictures of my house right now, it is a lot worse than most of these pics they are apologizing for, and I certainly wouldn't say sorry!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think a lot of people are inticipating judgement from other members on the site. If they apologize for it first, they're 'saving' themselves from the harsh words anyone else can say.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:13 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It's not so bad. It's just a woman acknowledging ahead of time that she knows her house is not like a museum and that she's not trying to pass it off as perfect. A little humility is fine.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:13 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My mother-in-law would. Her house is SPOTLESS and she complains when other peoples houses aren't.... Like mine. I am sorry to share with people but I have a one year old.... You try to keep EVERYTHING picked up EVERY second of the day. i think some people are just weird and have nothing better to do than complain about other peoples houses
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I have seen people on here make some pretty harsh comments because of a mess in the background. I do know that one picture in particular that I saw was pretty bad but I would not have said anything.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I think that is a normal disclaimer women are programed to say to anyone who comes to their home or looks at pics. It is just something we automatically say,,,even if the house is spotless. Lord forbid we have a toy out of the toy box when someone comes to visit lol. I am woman enough to admit, if you pop in to my house unannounced, there is going to be a picnic for 4 in my couch cushions..gold fish, cheerio's etc. Hey, I have 5 kids. My bathroom is clean, there is never filth..but always clutter...we live there for heavens sake! Why pretend we live in a museum?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:41 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• If I feel that there is a photo to apologize for then I won't post it. Thankfully, little things don't bother me and I don't care if they bother someone else...lol. Who cares if there are toys strewn all over the floor when I take a picture of my granddaughter smiling? Who cares if my desk is messy when I'm taking a picture of something else in the room? I try to crop out anything like that, but hey, life is life and we all live it, right?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Some women are just that judgmental. My house is not spotless by any stretch of the imagination but it's not a pigsty just because there are toys scattered around. I do my best to keep it clean enough that it doesn't drive me crazy, before I had kids everything was in it's own place when I was not using it. I hate clutter and mess but these days, I have more important things to worry about. When someone lets me know they are coming to visit, I pick up. If someone just shows up, I don't apolgize for my house not looking perfect.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• there are a lot of women on here that can be very rude for no reason at all.. its kind of sad actually..
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I try to keep my house picture perfect, so if something WERE to be out of place, I'd be mortified and probably appologize for "the mess".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Dec. 23, 2009