How would you style your hair if you are in your mid 40's?

In the 80's I was into that wings looks then I went to that puff on top look with bangs and now that I am a mommy I pretty much wear my hair in a bun/ponytail.

When we go out I try to fix it my hair is curly/wavy and I just put moose in it and go with it it looks nice for awhile but after that it looks too frizzy/dry or if I apply hairspray it looks lightly stiff.

Any suggestions....Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I'm not there yet, but I like how my mom wore it in her 40's which is still how she wears it in her 60's...long and in a braid. I think it's great when women have long hair.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:12 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• As a hairstylist I really don't go based on your age, I tend to go more based on what is going to look good for your skin tone, personality, and face shape. Don't go age based, you may be missing out, but I'm not telling you to go teeny bopper style either!Ha!Ha!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:15 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I have curly/wavy hair too. I live in Florida and deal with a lot of humidity. When it's long, I wear it pulled back. I also like wearing it short - with fringe like wisps to make it more feminine looking.
    When I travel to areas where it's less humid, I let it fall naturally - the curl is less frizzy.
    I'm 49 and wear my hair the way I best on me.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 3:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I'd go by face shape, not age. I wear my hair the way I feel good wearing it. I tell my stylist to just cut it bc when she styles it I look 10 yrs older, imo! I'll never understand why a stylist would puff out the hair of someone with a fat face. It just makes us look fatter so I just get the old feathered/layered cut and use some mousse.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• If it's long just make sure you have layers to give you some movement and shape. Personally, I think any style is fine as long as you have a good cut.
    Anonymous