Facebook and your boss?

Yesterday, I had my boss came up to be and asked if I had a facebook account. I was terrified that she would ask for a friend request, because even though I do like my boss, I don't feel it was be a good idea that she be on my friends list. It's not that I have anything to hide. I just think that work should be work and my personal life should be my personal life.
Thankfully, all she wanted to know was that if I played any of the games on facebook and if so, which ones. However, what would you have done if you were in such a situation? Would you have told your boss, no? How would you have handle the situation?

Desirae17

Asked by Desirae17 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would have been honest about it. Truth be told, she can search your name and find you and you don't wanna be caught in a lie........right?!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I would have said yes to the account but no to the games. I would think she was trying to find out if I played at work! Sorry - I am just paranoid about that stuff. She could easily "find out" if out have a FB account .
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:20 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I would be honest, i don'tput anything on there that I wouldn't care if thew whole world knew. It could come back to haunt you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Chefronswife, I don't have access to the internet at work. So, I know that wouldn't be the reason why she was asking. I can't play the games at work if I can't even get on the internet. Still, for others that can, I could see where one would think that.
    Desirae17

Answer by Desirae17 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Two of my bosses at work are on my Facebook. I don't put anything on there that I wouldn't want them to see anyway, and they are friends of mine.

Answer by missanc at 11:25 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Honey, it's how we find out all the information we need about our potential employees. If their Facebook or Myspace account is bad, we don't hire them... as it shows poor taste and poor decisions. LOL!!
    Anonymous