how long do you think you should burp at baby?

I wanted to know how long do you think a baby should be burped.DD is 4 months old and drinks 4 oz. she drinks the whole bottle an then i'll burp her and she'll give me one big burp and then i'll try for another mintues to burp her again but she does not burp so I stop.

Do you think I should I try to keep burping her or thats good.

I just wanted to know what other moms do about burping.

Mamato2angels

Asked by Mamato2angels at 10:24 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as your baby isn't fussy then one burp is probably enough. My first was a bear to burp and I would have to burp him till he quit "sloshing" If I bounced him on my knee and could hear his tummy sloshing then I knew he still had air he needed to get out and if I didn't get him to burp again he was grumpy. My second was the easiest burper ever and once he's done he's done. Slosh or no slosh- doesn't matter to him. It really depends on the baby.
    K.D.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Once my child burps I stop. If they get fussy then I know to burp a little bit longer each child is different though so you just have to try and see basically. Some babies don't want to burp for anything and mom's spend a lot of time trying lol (been there). Hope that helps :)
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 10:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I still burp my child - he's 6 months and he takes a 7 oz bottle 3 times a day and an 8 oz bottle at night. He's better about burping in terms of how long it takes, but I don't feel there's an age limit on this....
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• maybe i misunderstood your question :) I only burp until the burp comes or the spitup comes :)
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 10:31 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• should they burp more then once? or keep trying till they burp again
    Mamato2angels

Answer by Mamato2angels at 10:34 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• usually one burp is enough to clear the stomach area... :) for mine the spit up follows :) then he gets the rest of the bottle (I burp him half way and at the end)
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 10:38 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• 1 burp then stop.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:27 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My DD is 4 months and she will go the full 8 oz bottle then belch afterward I have tried burping her in between but she gets upset
    JeremyJulieMom

Answer by JeremyJulieMom at 2:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2009