Trying to become more organized......

but it is a struggle working full time, with a 7 month old baby and a hubby that shows up occasionally and make a mess! I would like to be more organized, you know everything has a home kind of organized...I guess I am looking for suggestions and also good reference material maybe?
Let me say that my house is not covered in junk but I do have to look for a pair of scissors! TIA

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 10:29 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• What I have been trying to do is work at an area until I'm done and seeing that you are working it might take you some time, so your house might seem more messy before you get totally organized. For example I have my office area in which I keep all my kids school supplies, and office supplies; scissors, tape, staples, stapler, paper, computer, printer, and electonics. So set up places where you feel you want your stuff and then organize that area by gathering all like materials and label if you have to (I have to or everything gets rearranged). Hope that is helpful :)
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 10:34 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• OH I forgot you can use shoe boxes to help you keep things together also they are inexpensive and usually come with a lid or find a place that sales those picture boxes those work to. Containers are wonderful for keeping all things together and then you can label them easily also.
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 10:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Boxes or baskets have been time savers for me.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 11:01 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• i need help too!!!!! omg my house is horriable right now it doesnt help that we are trying to get things together to move grrrr lol
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 4:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Have you checked out Flylady? Some of her tips and techniques are sort of over the top, but she also has a lot of really good advice for how to get (and stay) organized in a way that's not overwhelming.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:34 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• oh, sorry - I forgot, here is the link to her website http://flylady.net/

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:36 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• TY SailorW&M!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 8:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2009