What to get my dd who is turning eighteen this weekend?

She has all she ever wanted...what do you get an 18 yr. old who has everything?!?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• jewelery. purse. get accesories for something she already has.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Maybe instead of getting her something give her your time...whether that means she picks the activities you do together (within reason) or you set up a spa day, lunch, and a movie or whatnot. You could even give her a spending limit and go shopping together for the clothing or other items she wants. The choices are endless. Some of my fondest birthday memories are days I spent with my mom...usually with a spending limit for clothes and lunch together...we did do the spa day once too.
    JewelsE

Answer by JewelsE at 10:40 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• gift certificates to a movie theater, or to fast food restaurants. I have a 17 year old daughter, she'll be 18 in the summer plus a 22 year old daughter and a 25 year old son. My two daughters love gift certificates to CVS for all of the makeup and magazines to look over leisurely. Also a brunch out with your dd frieinds could be very special. A stay at a hair salon or spa?

Each year we try to give our kids something very special to carry into adulthood - cufflinks or money clip, pocket watch for my son, and a necklace, bracelet, wallet or pocketbook for our daughters. Styles change so those things are always available.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I love the spa ideas. Money is always appreciated too. Something sentimental maybe.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:51 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• why not do a mother-daughter spa day or something? if she has a lot of material things, why not give her something she can remember when she is older. plus, the spa would be relaxing for you too :)
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My son turned 18 on the 12th and we gave him a $100 shopping trip for clothes. 18 is the big bday here, all 4 of our sons got the same gift when they turned 18. We also had a party for him with a few close friends and 3 of his cousins. We had 2 sheet pizzas, chips, soda and cake and they played Rock Band for a few hours and had a blast. He had a great night.
    Anonymous

• maybe sit down and write her a letter, in this letter maybe tell her what a pleasure it has been watching her take her first breath and her first steps, first words etc and then watching her become a young lady, all the things you feel but never really get said
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 4:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• jewelry locket for keepsake

Anonymous

• SPA day SPA day !!!!!!
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Didn't mean to yell that but I absolutely loved spa days with my Mom.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2009