Do you use "Colorsilk" hair coloring? ( shade 30 I have dark brown hair...my use to be natural color)...lol

The reason I ask is because it is cheaper and it does the same job the expensive ones do...so I guess it is the woman preference...Right?

Walgreens had a coupon for $1.99 limit 3... so I went for it...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Just so you know, store color has a higher ammonia level, so be careful not to color your whole head with it--just try the roots, and then put some shampoo in the color bottle when you are rinsing and it will refresh the color all over, then shampoo twice and condition!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:16 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I was just telling my sister that I paid WAY too much at the salon getting my hair colored. When I got home I was upset. I do just as good a job with the cheap color too. I asked the stylist if she thought she could give me the dark hair at the bottom in the back and roots and blond highlights on top. I asked her 3 times. She assured me she could. She was wrong. It still all came out red. The blond is even reddish. I could have done that on my own. I thought a professional could get the red out. Even the part I wanted dark brown came out red! I'm going back to the cheap Colorsilk.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I found it to be more drying than other home coloring kits.it's cheaper because you get those food service type gloves and a crappy conditioner.i like my Nice and Easy.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I've always used Colorsilk. I can afford pricier stuff, but why when Colorsilk works beautifully?!
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 3:13 AM on Dec. 30, 2009