4th c-section

I am due in August for my 4th c-section. My oldest is almost 4, my daughters are 21 months and 8 months. After the last csection I've had a lot of pain in the scar area, spreading to my back. I'm worried that the scar hasn't healed enough, or that lifting my other children will eventually become impossible.

Graceee

Asked by Graceee at 11:15 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you already have pain you should probably stop lifting them now. Talk to your doctor. Unless you are committed to having a huge family, you need to talk to somebody about birth control. And even if you do want a large family 2-3 year spacing is achievable. You might want to also look into VBAC. You are putting tremendous wear and tear on your body not only with children so close, but with the c-sections. Did the pain exist before you got pregnant? Could it be ligament pain?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I am 100% planning on having my tubes tied after this one.
    The pain has been bad since my last c-section.
    I went back in to my Doc about a month after baby was born, and he said they could do that thing where they go look in for scar tissue build up (?) but my insurance ended before I could have it done.
    I had hoped it would get better but it seems to be getting worse again.
    Graceee

Answer by Graceee at 11:44 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Your doctor is going to have to help you with this one. Sorry you are going through this. If you go ahead with the c-section make sure they use that new sealing tape on your new uterine scar to minimize scar tissue at least outside the uterus. Sorry I don't remember the name of it, but it came out in the last few years and they advertize it heavily on the various c-section information sites.
    Anonymous

• I am going for my 4th in March...I'm scared! I also have alot of issues (placental abruption and uterine rupture= stillbirth last pregnancy)...

I won't be going past 37 weeks this time...Doc says the problem with scar tissue is that is does not stretch...increases your risk of rupture...TAKE IT EASY...espcially in your latter months. You should be seeing a specialist, too so they can monitor your cesarean scar. You CAN rupture. Not trying to scare you, but take it from someone who has been there. I'm getting several ultrasounds in my 3rd trimester to monitor the baby, placenta and try to look at the uterus. I will also have to take non stress tests...

demand that you are paid attention to. Any odd pains that are intense, GO IN.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2009