Scary Health Questions....

Anyone ever get scared for the safety of some of the gals who post health questions on here? I've read some pretty serious sounding stuff and wondering to myself "Why don't they have the common sense to get to the doctor/hospital? Why are they sitting waiting for answers on the internet? GO GET YOURSELF/YOUR CHILD/LOVED ONE/CAT/DOG/ETC CHECKED!"
It makes me want to scream...what ever happened to common sense and making a decision for yourself?
Like the women who think they're having a miscarriage...wtf? I wouldn't mess with that. Or women who's babies have temperatures of 104? Gaaah!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Health

• Here's the deal, Certain people freak out or know nothing about their bodies. Yes you can walk into any ER and get treatment eventually, but if the ER determines that a normal person would not have gone to the ER for a splinter they make you wait and charge you an arm and a leg. So yeah women come on here, especially in the middle of the night, with a cry for help is this a splinter or a heart attack. We try to tell them which is which. In the good old days I think most of us called our own mothers. It is very easy to post a question and then visit WebMD and then check back for answers. Not that I would recommend waiting around for answers in an emergency situation.

Anonymous

• Some people don't have insurance. Plus I think some people like drama or attention on them and yes some don't have common sence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It does make me wonder sometimes. Not every one is smart. Not dissing just saying...but as far as the miscarriage thing goes. If you are already bleeding chances are no doctor is going to be able to help you prevent the miscarriage. Not everyone needs a d & c after a miscarriage. I've had 2 & I was told not to come in to see the dr. unless I had really out of control bleeding. He wouldnt see me till after I was done miscarrying
    Anonymous

• OP Ack that's awful anon:06...I'm sorry you had to go through that...jerk doctor!

I'm curious if you have no health insurance can you not still be seen at a charity hospital for treatment if there is something desperately wrong with you? I live in Canada so I don't know how the system works with insurance....
    Anonymous

• OP Yeah it's just the ones that make me go "Holy shit why are you on the internet go get help ya twit!" that scare me. Yikes!
    Anonymous